Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Conversation with Chanelle


            Today, with Chanelle, it was our 6th conversation, but we couldn’t talk because she was at her university, and facetime, didn’t work, so we just chated.
            We talked about student jobs and how to finance out studies. She explain to me that studdies are really expensive in the US : she pay $5,000 for a trimester. Most of the students work at the university, in the cateen or the library of the university, and some needs to subscribe a credit to finance their studdies. I explain to her that in France, studdies are less expensive than in the US and a lot of students don’t work during the year because their parents pay it, and if their parents don’t earn enought money, studdies become free.
            We also talked about salary. In France the minus is 9,16€ for an hour. In the US it’s 8 dollars for an hour but the government want to make a new law to increase the hour salary.
            She explain to me that if you don’t go to the university, you can go a community college. I France, you can do a DUT or BTS, which are more specifics studdies.
            Finally I see on facebook that one of her pictures was published in a news paper this week, and she told me that she would rather be a fashion writter than a model. I really likes her pictures and I congratulates her because it’s a really beautifull job !
            I hope we will talked again soon.

1 comment:

  1. STUDIES: I think that French students really need to be aware of this huge difference in the cost of their education. Also, public transport is often cheap and students can easily have reductions on the trains. This does not apply in a lot of other countries.. and students are often shocked when away on work placements and they see the difference in transport costs.

    ReplyDelete