Tuesday, November 19, 2013

School and summer job !

Last week end, i spoke with my American penpal Katherine and i learnt many things about the American schooling.

In America, universities are very expensive : about 30,000€ per year, and it's just for the fees. For my penpal, her parents are paying it. In France, it's very different. For an engineer school, it's about 600€ for one year. It's the price for a public undergraduate school. But there are private schools, which cost about 10 or 15,000€ per year. When you go to university, you just have to pay about 400€. In my case, my parents are also paying for it.

She has about 30 hours of class per week and I have about the same. We both achieve getting good grades, doing sports and making money.

To help our parents or to pay for everything but schooling ( food, sport ...), we work during the year. Katherine works in a 5-star-hotel as a waiteress and I give private lessons in mathematics for highschool students.

During the summer, we also have a summer job. She also works in the hotel but I work as a lifeguard on the beach. It's a cool job because I have travelled all around France for it ( Brittany, Nice, Menton ... ).







1 comment:

  1. I am not sure how many French students doing graduate studies have such an interesting summer job as Apolline being a lifeguard on all these great beaches around France. I think it would be better being one in Nice in the south, than in Brittany which has a reputation for wild weather!

    ReplyDelete